Tuesday, February 19, 2008

We Need Your Help to Connect in China!


Yesterday was met with mixed emotions as we exchanged our Lonely Planet book from Japan to China. We have had such an amazing time and felt so well embraced in Japan, but also eager to move on. So off to Bejing, China we go!

Do you know anyone connected to the Deaf/Hard of Hearing community in China? Someone who works for a Deaf or mainstream school, organization, or business? Someone who can help us translate from English to written Chinese characters?

Please send us an email if you have any contacts, resources or input for us as we travel throughout China. We will be there from Feb 26thーMarch 26th.

info@discoveringdeafworlds.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm already involved with China. Kunming deaf community is becoming globally recognized for their handmade products. You can see all about it in the video blog at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6kTT1AI4Xk

Unknown said...

Hello! Perhaps you can contact James and Pat DeCaro who took a tour in China. They gave a wonderful presentation at where I work and I am sure they will be resourceful to you. You would need to call NTID to see if you can get their contact information. Good luck!

KBJensen said...

Hi,

You would need to obtain a visa in order to visit any school or some special permission.

Contact Gallaudet U Education chair and ask how they did their trip. Maybe they can give you some guidelines.

I admire what you are doing but this takes time to prep to obtain visa is a hassle especially with China.

Oh the stuff we went thru to adopt 2 kids. smile

Anonymous said...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/441793645_6f5d484bcd.jpg

Christy,

If this may be of some assistance, I found a Chinese sign language alphabet to look at.

Hope you guys are having much fun in your travels. Take care.

Sarah Dillon
Christy's World

bushi said...

Hi there,

If I came here early, I would help u and came over my house. It is too late for me. I came to Beijing last month. I am new here.

I am glad that u travled different cities in China. It is very amazing.

If u visit here again, u can meet and come to my house. smile

I already invited u to add my blogger a few days. Please check out my blogger is bushi profile which is my life.

smile

bushi said...

Hello, If I came here early, I would like to guide u around here. Also, u could came over my house. It is too late. I moved to Beijing last month. I am new here.

I am glad that u and ur parnter travelled here last time. It is very impressed.

If u visit here again, please contact with me.

I already invited u to add my blogger a few days ago. Please check out my blogger is bushi profile which is my life.